Vinyl 2×LP$53.99Meer lezen
- Mastered from the original tape transfers by Kevin Gray
- Expanded Double LP edition featuring four rare bonus tracks
- Printed & Pressed at Pallas on 180 gram vinyl and housed in a deluxe gatefold reverse-board jacket
- Featuring rare photographs and words from original pianist Bob Hammer
- Officially licensed from Bethlehem / BMG and approved by the Charles Mingus estate
1957, a mammoth year for Mingus. He was on fire, recording several seminal titles including The Clown, Mingus Three, Tijuana Moods, East Coasting and A Modern Jazz Symposium Of Music And Poetry. Now, with the support of the Charles Mingus Estate, we are proud to present for the first time, the most expansive LP edition of A Modern Jazz Symposium Of Music And Poetry to date. A wonderful set featuring an all star band alternating throughout of Jimmy Knepper (trombone), Shafi Hadi (tenor and alto sax), Bill Hardman and Clarence Shaw (trumpet), Dannie Richmond (drums), Horace Parlan and Bob Hammer (piano), with narration by the fabulous Mel Stewart.
This is the ultimate edition, including all available outtakes and material related to the session, the recordings have been remastered from the original tape transfers and lacquers cut by Kevin Gray, housed in a gatefold sleeve on reverse-board finish and printed by Pallas.
A stunning album which is sometimes overlooked from the vast Mingus catalogue, however it emanates from one of his most creative periods and today stands out as a sublime conceptual recording.
- 1 Scenes In The City (11:20)
- 2 Nouroog (5:03)
- 3 New York Sketchbook (8:30)
- 4 Duke’s Choice (6:25) 6:26
- 5 Slippers (3:28)
- 6 Slippers (Alternate Version) (3:52)
- 7 Woody ’n’ You (8:45)
- 8 Billie’s Bounce (9:23)
- 9 Scenes In The City (Single Edit) (3:20)